« Home | Forget Jamster and co, save your cash with DIY Rin... » | So I started this site .....or ....Fishing for sta... » | pmeme.com- One to watch! » | Google Co-Op Custom Search released » | Happy 5th Birthday to the iPod! » | Secunia on the ball with Zero Day IE7 alert » | Pingoat handy for traffic generation? » | YouTube buzz continues, cool kids searching for Ja... » | Google OS Part of the Master Plan ;-) » | YouTube silent third partner revealed ..or ...One ... »

Back and ready to byte !

Hey all! I'm back posting after an absence due to illness. I'd hoped nothing much would happen but wouldn't you know it there's been plenty to blog about, so I'll just mention a few key events of the last 10 days:




  • Vista went to RTM (released to manufacturing) - Early reports on finalised functionality are good and man I wish I had a pc fit to run the damn thing.The pirates raced to release it and the web is already flooded with copies, even the Ultimate edition hasn't been spared. The pirates are using a few keys that have been built into the RTM release for quick building so expect a patch soon to break these.





  • Office 2007 also went to RTM - I've been reading quite a bit on the next generation office release over the last few months and it sure looks impressive. I'll be getting hold of a copy soon so hang out for a verdict. I'm not so sure on the "ribbon interface" but innovation is always good, and the Business Intelligence and simplified reporting will surely be the key selling points for serious users.



  • Playstation 3 launched - Riots and all sorts of mayhem broke out in the US last Friday when the PS3 launched. We Europeans (and my girlfriend!) have to wait til March, that kinda sucks. A quick search on ebay.com today has 760 listings for PS3, such is the number of lousy gits who just bought a unit to resell for a quick profit. May all your thumbs fall off, and soon !!

I hope this week holds more excitement ;-)

technorati tags:, , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Jim
  • Based in
View my Blogger Profile
View James Lee's profile on LinkedIn

Links


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Irish Bloggers
BlogBurst.com
Irish Blogs Protected by