« Home | If you thought 1 was funny, try 4! » | Back and ready to byte ! » | Forget Jamster and co, save your cash with DIY Rin... » | So I started this site .....or ....Fishing for sta... » | pmeme.com- One to watch! » | Google Co-Op Custom Search released » | Happy 5th Birthday to the iPod! » | Secunia on the ball with Zero Day IE7 alert » | Pingoat handy for traffic generation? » | YouTube buzz continues, cool kids searching for Ja... »

Zune is rubbish ...apparently.

It seems like the more I read about the Zune from Microsoft, the better I feel about having gone with my iPod Nano a few weeks ago. I was really tempted to wait for the Zune launch (and maybe grab a bargain) but thought it best to go with the devil you know and all that. Man am I glad.

While I haven't played with one yet, everything I see and hear screams stay away, from that awful shoebox brown colour and the chunky casing to the dreary looking home, travel and car accessories packs, and worst of all, the awful attempt at a community website with Zune.net.


I think this post from David Galbraith says it all:

I just saw a Zune, and guess what? Its a piece of shit.

It's best to let a better writer than myself bury the Zune, however. Andy Ihnatko in the Chicago sun-Times lets rip:

Yes, Microsoft's new Zune digital music player is just plain dreadful. I've spent a week setting this thing up and using it, and the overall experience is about as pleasant as having an airbag deploy in your face."


Take the Zune off your Christmas list folks, even the Wi-Fi trickery (that was the key differentiator til they stupidly crippled it with the "3 plays or 3 days" DRM rules) wont save this lame duck.

technorati tags:, , , , , , , ,

Please enjoy this Zune video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh_xOwtkvzU

And please buy our cd to help us live the great rock and roll dream of breaking even!
http://cdbaby.com/cd/jasounds)

Sincerely, JA!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Jim
  • Based in
View my Blogger Profile
View James Lee's profile on LinkedIn

Links


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Irish Bloggers
BlogBurst.com
Irish Blogs Protected by