« Home | Vista and beyond - Vienna for 2009 ? » | Apple vs Microsoft rages on - iTunes vs Vista » | Celebrate then get ready to deploy Windows Vista » | BlogPatrol Sucks - Recommend a Counter? » | Apple says Beatles on iTunes soon ...so what! » | Everything the iPhone could have been to all manki... » | I WANT an iPhone! » | Music Pick for 2007 - Paolo Nutini » | Dont hold your breath for Zune in Ireland! » | It's official ... Britney wants a Wang! »

Hey W3Counter ..when exactly is "early 2007"?

BlogPatrol was down again today so while well and truly pissed off I thought I'd try sign up for what looks to be an excellent offering from W3Counter. Hey what do ya know, it's invitation only.

Despite the then black text in the form heading I filled out the usuals and clicked Submit, only to find the text gleefully turn RED (about the same time I did!) and I could almost hear it say "I cant let you do that Dave".

W3Counter.com Signup-Invite Only

Answer me this W3Counter, just what do you call "early 2007" eh? And how do you choose who to invite? You have a great looking service, if only people could use it. If I'd tried to buy a pig in a bag and chosen the $4.95 a month Personal Account offering at signup would we be having this problem? I think not.

Shame how something great can be so easily ruined by lack of insight. How can you expect people to shell out for paid offerings before taking the test drive? Alienating customers at signup...pathetic.

technorati tags:, , , , , , , , , ,

Tammy Nyp Britney Spears Myspace Web 2.0 Youtube Iphone Obama Yahoo Pipes Anna Nicole Smith Windows Vista Grey's Anatomy Google Michelle Manhart Tim Hardaway Second Life

Hey Jim,

Why don't you try out my service at branica.com. We have had over 99% uptime and we try out best for the best support.

-Arthur

My stats used to be from BlogPatrol,too. I signed up with Counterspot.com's free stat counter (stealth) a couple of days ago. I get the familiar BlogPatrol-like details minus the nationality of my visitors. My recent blog deals with BlogPatrol's problem, if you have the time to visit.

"Alienating customers at signup...pathetic."

Hi Jim,

It was a totally customer-centric decision. There were too many thousands of users for the server to handle, so I stopped allowing free signups so that those that *are* using it (99% of them paying nothing) don't have their sites start dropping because the javascript loads too slowly.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Jim
  • Based in
View my Blogger Profile
View James Lee's profile on LinkedIn

Links


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Irish Bloggers
BlogBurst.com
Irish Blogs Protected by