« Home | Dont fancy this guy much as CTO..or..where have al... » | Remember when ThinkPads didn't explode or catch fire? » | SpeedTest.Net - 2 minute broadband speed test ..ge... » | Flock Memory Leak Fix Imminent...or ..Damn I misse... » | Kiko.com Online Calendaring going Cheap! » | Some light relief is in order .... » | Flock doesn't like my style ! » | Oops! Not another failed US Government software sy... » | Bring on the Flock-ing Fixes ! » | Geotag anything ...almost ..or why BlockRocker Roc... »

Free speech not so Flock-ing Free in the Blogosphere?

It's amazing the extent some will go with their comment moderation on their blog. About 10 days ago I posted a thank you on the Flock blog to say well done to all the guys for getting the memory leak that had annoyed so many users fixed and out in a reasonable length of time. Nothing major, just a few lines thanking Mike Dosik and all the team for their hard work on it.  I checked the page and it had appeared ok alongside 1 other.

A couple of days later I signed up on the Flockstar roll call invitation page and filled in the info on my blog post links regarding Flock. Well now, some of these postings were related to testing after my install of the version with the memory leak (0.7.4.1), and although not scathing they were expressing a "keen interest" in getting a build drop with the fix.

Wouldn't ya know it, those in the newly opened Canadian Flock office (I know this from my counter stats) must have read said postings and decided that they didnt want me as a Flock star and removed my comment from the maintenance release (0.7.5.1) announcement posting. What a bunch of tossers, they actually removed a thank you comment so nobody would see the link back to my blog.

Let's just leave it at this, I'm gonna test Windows Live Writer cos I've been reading good things about it the last couple of days , and since I can post directly to Blogger from it maybe Flock can just Flock off my PC!

technorati tags:, , , , , , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

Extremely childish, honestly, those lads shouldn't be in the business if they can't take a bit of criticism on the chin!

p.s. I gave up on Flock long ago, Firefox gives me all I need.

p.p.s. you seem to have some layout issues in Firefox, my guess it's the Soulcast banners which are too wide.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Jim
  • Based in
View my Blogger Profile
View James Lee's profile on LinkedIn

Links


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Irish Bloggers
BlogBurst.com
Irish Blogs Protected by