« Home | How times have changed at IBM ! » | Free speech not so Flock-ing Free in the Blogosphere? » | Dont fancy this guy much as CTO..or..where have al... » | Remember when ThinkPads didn't explode or catch fire? » | SpeedTest.Net - 2 minute broadband speed test ..ge... » | Flock Memory Leak Fix Imminent...or ..Damn I misse... » | Kiko.com Online Calendaring going Cheap! » | Some light relief is in order .... » | Flock doesn't like my style ! » | Oops! Not another failed US Government software sy... »

IE7 anti-phishing comes out on top ..sort of!

A Microsoft sponsored study by 3Sharp has found that the IE7 Anti-Phishing toolbar is the best blocker of all those nasty phishing sites you keep hearing about, well 100 of them anyway. You can read the full story below.

MS Anti-phishing tool wins MS Bakeoff

Multiple news tabs open in one Internet Explorer 7 browser window

The Microsoft Internet Explorer Weblog

Is just 100 sites a sufficient test of any piece of software in a time where 100+ variants of malware appear each day, including these badly behaved sites? I dont think so. I wonder how much Bill and Co shelled out for the self publicity.

Apparently they also found that Site Advisor from McAfee also kinda sucks, and here was I pondering giving it a go! McAfee claim the result is unfair as they dont claim it covers anti-phishing. I say if not why not folks! I guess it's just given away as a teaser for the full security suite, ya know anti-virus, anti-spyware, the works. I wonder how that would perform in the same study,mmmm !

Come on McAfee, you can do better than those dismal results and give a little more. Oh and talk to the Spyware Doctor folks about how they pull off their scanning at such speeds, your engine sucks IMHO.



technorati tags:, , , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Jim
  • Based in
View my Blogger Profile
View James Lee's profile on LinkedIn

Links


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Irish Bloggers
BlogBurst.com
Irish Blogs Protected by